Message View Options
You can read the entire message in the Preview pane or Pop Up or Tab. You can set the default behavior for your mails in the settings page. You can right click on the mail and choose an option. You can directly choose to reply or forward a mail from the listing pane itself.
If you prefer to read emails in the preview mode, you can choose between the Three pane Vertical layout or the classic horizontal layout to read and list your emails. Refer this help page for more details.
- Selecting ‘Open in Preview’ from the Right click menu opens the mail in Preview pane.
- The message displays the Sender, Receiver and attachment options by default. To view the details, click on the small triangle in the left.
- That displays the message subject, date etc.
You can perform the following tasks on a message from the preview pane.
- Mark the message as unread
- Add/ Remove Flag to the message
- Add/ Remove Label to the message
- Click on the relevant icon to do any of the listed actions. Further you can Reply to the sender, Reply to All, Forward the message or Edit the message as New. All these actions will open the message in the composer.
- Forward and Edit as New will retain the attachments, while Reply and Reply to All will open in the Reply mode and hence will remove the attachments in the reply mail.
- You can view the attachment by clicking the View Attachment link. The link will appear, only if the message has an attachment.
- You can add the sender to contacts by Clicking ‘Add To’ and selecting ‘Contacts’
- You can add the message to a task by Clicking ‘Add To’ and selecting ‘Task’
Selecting ‘Open in Tab’ from the Right Click Menu will open the mail in Tab. Click on the Previous/ Next icon in the reading pane to seamlessly navigate through the emails. The additional options available in Tab view are
- Moving message to a folder – Click ‘Move To’ and select target folder
- Marking a message spam – Click on the spam icon
- Deleting a message – Click on the Delete icon
- Archiving the message - Click on Archive icon
- Selecting ‘Open in New Window’ opens the mail in a Pop-Up Window.
- The interface is exactly the same as in ‘Open in Tab’ option. Click on the Previous/ Next icon in the reading pane to seamlessly navigate through the emails.
- The additional option available in ‘Popup’ is ‘Quick Reply’
- You can type a reply to the message in plain text in the text box.
- Once you start typing the content, two buttons will appear.
- Choose to ‘Reply’ or ‘Reply All’ based on your preference
- Signature, if enabled, will be appended to the Reply.
When you receive an invitation email, the entire event details can be viewed from Mail itself. You can also directly accept or decline the invitation from the email itself.